In 1965, Robert Opron was tasked with designing a replacement for the 2CV. It would employ the flat twin engine from the 2CV.
Due for launch at the end of the decade, it was intended that 1000 cars would be built at Javel every day.
A number of designs were studied but ultimately rejected due to adverse feedback from potential clients.
designs were highly innovative, offering unparallelled interior room
within very compact exterior dimensions; a built-in child's seat and
unheard of aerodynamic efficiency - a Cx of 0.32 (eventually bettered in 1986 by the AX which achieved a Cx of 0.31!).
Opron also investigated mounting the headlights behind the windscreen.